Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Chao Phraya Dinner River Cruise

My family and I met up with some family friends who were also in Bangkok and we enjoyed a lovely dinner cruise on board a traditional Thai teak boat down the Chao Phraya River. Unfortunately I didn't take any photos of the boat and the set up because of the lack of light but I did manage to photograph the nights menu along with some of the dishes. The food, which was unfortunately lacking in flavor, sounded a lot better on the menu than it tasted in real life. However, the night time view of Bangkok from the river, the beautiful traditional boat, the fragrant flowers that decorated the boat, and the superb hospitality of the waiters made the experience memorable. I wasn't paying much attention to anything around me but apparently our dinner was accompanied by a traditional Thai dancing performance.
 

Shrimp Tom Yum

Chicken satay with peanut sauce (Indonesian peanut sauce
is better in my opinion)

Appetizers

Seafood


Assortment of desserts