Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pho Hoa West Edmonton Mall (Edmonton)

I know all pho lovers in Edmonton each have their go to pho joint, but mine just happens to be Pho Hoa at West Edmonton Mall (second favorite btw is the little place with pink walls left of Lucky 97 in Chinatown). I know some of you will cringe since I know this place doesn't particularly have the best reputation. However, I am no pho expert, and although I've been to Vietnam twice and obviously had it there, I can still say that I like the pho served at this establishment and it doesn't hurt that its in the mall (I wouldn't drive all the way from home to go to this place, but if I'm shopping and get hungry, why not). Pho Hoa offers up extremely simple and straightforward service (borderline rude lol), consistent quality and flavor, and large and affordable portions.  My usual is the beef and beef ball pho, and at 8$ for a bowl that could fill me up for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, how can I go wrong.

For those who have not been there, don't expect five star service,, expect something more along the lines of "what do you want" followed by your food 2 minutes later then "here is your bill". If you want a fork and forget to ask when ordering, I suggest you just walk up to the front counter and get the cutlery yourself because chances are your food will be cold by the time a waitress decides to stop by your table. This place is also a bit run down and could do with some reupholstering of its chairs, but at the end of the day if I think it tastes good and I'm happy with my food I really could care less about the decor and service.

Beef pho and grilled pork and spring rolls with vermicelli. I will admit, the pork was more
so just fat, so word of caution when ordering.


Pho Hoa Noodle Soup (WestEd Mall) Fusion Noodle House on Urbanspoon