Saturday, April 21, 2012

Street Food (Yogyakarta, Indonesia)

Yogya's specialty food is a dish called "gudek" which is essentially young jackfruit slowcooked in coconut milk, palm sugar and spices. It is a rather sweet dish and is served with rice and "krechek", beef skin cooked in some sort of spicy sauce. I couldnt tell you what it tastes like because I find the thought of jelly-like beef skin quite nasty, but you are more than welcome to try it yourself and let me know.

Forget eating on a patio, how about on the ground on the side of the road? :)

My gudek (the brown stuff), with rice, tofu, and that nasty beek skin which ended up on my plate dispite telling them
I didn't need it. I just made sure it did not touch anything I was actually going to eat :)

Kretchek

YUM fresh sambal

Making my food