Thursday, May 12, 2011

Cactus Club

I had an early dinner at the one and only Cactus Club here in Edmonton the other day while shopping at the mall and specifically came to order the Jambalaya which I had really enjoyed on my last visit to a Cactus Club in Vancouver.

The restaurant's menu is very similar to the standards of Earls, Moxies and Milestones. The decor is modern and aesthetically pleasing with lots of wood and a little bit of an west coast flare. I sat in the dinning room but the restaurant has a very nice outdoor patio that would be perfect for summer.

The jambalaya (16$) I had been craving for quite some time came with the option of white or brown rice, which I opted for the latter, and is topped with a mixture of shrimp, sausage, chicken, green beans, corn, beans, vegetables, tomato's, and spice. It had the perfect amount of heat which gave it a kick but did not distract from the meal and served hot it makes the perfect comfort food. The jambalaya had a good consistency, not to runny/liquidy, and did not skimp out on the toppings.



I am craving it right now, I may just go after work today and get my fill!