Saturday, February 12, 2011

Duchess Does It Again

I've said it once, twice, a million times before...I absolutely love this place.

I saw that Duchess was featuring several specialty items for the Valentines Day weekend and of course I could not pass up trying any one of their goodies.

So after school my dining companion and I headed to Duchess and had some of the best desert we've ever had.

The 'L'Amore' is probably the priesties thing I've ever eaten it my life. Just look at it. Here is the official description that Duchess gives of this beautiful treat: "Macaron with Rose Ganache filled Raspberries encasing Lychee Buttercream and Raspberry Pepin". It tasted like heaven. The raspberries were fresh and juicy and the rose ganache really came through. I think you should just go and try it for yourself. But hurry up before its all gone!

L'Amore


The second dessert we samples was the "Amarena Cherry Bombe" which was essentially a chocolate mousse with cherries and cherry syrup in the middle topped with a carmel lace cookie. The mousse was rich and both fluffy and creamy at the same time, while the cherries inside were packed with flavor. I must go back.

Amarena Cherry Bombe


Both treats were 6$ and were perfect enough to split between two.
Now if you haven't been there yet, what are you waiting for?!


Hungry yet?